SLIDER

My #DistractionFree Day

Tuesday, August 12, 2014
I don't typically write personal posts on my business blog, however, today was a reflection day for me - and I thought I would share my thoughts with my fans. Monday was a very sad day in that we lost two individuals that made/could have made huge impacts in this world. Mr. Robin Williams filled this world with happiness and smiles and he will never be forgotten. However, I hope that the young gentleman who was shot and killed in St. Louis is also never forgotten. At just eighteen years old, he still had so much of this world to see and experience. I pray for both Robin Williams' and this young teen's families and hope that they can find peace someday.
This isn't new for people to pass away, but it is unfortunate, and a constant reminder that time is short on this earth. While reading articles on both these stories, I began to reflect on my own life…

I am so thankful to my family and friends that I have met in this journey we call life - without each and every one of you, I would not be who I am today. Since I am writing this post on my business page, I must first and foremost thank my husband. Leaving my full-time salaried position to live this dream was scary as hell, but he believed in me and I am becoming more and more successful everyday. 

However, I realized something today… With all the success in taking beautiful images of my clients and their families - I have failed to capture the beauty of my own family. So today, as I reflected on how grateful I am to be living the life I am living, I did something "crazy"… I turned off the computer! Instead, I played with my kids, enjoyed the messy faces, laughter and even snuggled with them during nap time :) Now mind you, I do this every day, but typically I am on autopilot. Not today. Today, I turned off all distractions and just had a blast with my kiddos! 

Is the house messy? Yes.

Did any laundry or dishes get done? No. 

Did I have a BLAST? ABSOLUTELY!!! 


I encourage all of my fans to turn off all distractions for ONE DAY this week and enjoy what truly makes you happy. Life is short, so lets all live it to the fullest! This is how I spent my #distractionfree day, how will you? Share your distraction free day with me, I would love to see it! 


Oh the simple things! Enjoy your favorite snack :) 
Love those messy faces…


 Dive into a book and let your imagination run wild! 


 Get excited for your loved ones to come home! 



       And of course… Welcome them with a HUGE hug! Nothing is as exciting as when daddy gets home :) 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design